The movement of Autumn

Autumn is my favorite time of year to photograph. Colors, shapes and lines, cooler temperatures, weekend trips up north–all contribute to the experience of capturing the visuals and emotions of Autumn. There is a certain rush to capture these images before the trees lose all their leaves. I really enjoy seeing the grand landscape images that my peers produce. I’m not much of a grand vista image maker, but instead I like to capture the smaller details of nature, especially leaves. I like to make an images that is different, perhaps unexpected.

Going through some of my favorite “captures” from this Autumn I noticed a sort of trend–movement. Many of my images have an impressionistic look about them made by either purposely blurring the subject or moving the camera. Some of my outings occurred during windy days–in which I let the wind have her way. My intent with these images was to allow the color to steal the show–rather than the form of subject itself.

PA062037.jpgPA253999.jpgPA092795.jpgPA243916.jpgPA122986.jpgPA143385.jpg

6 Comments

1. Angela April 17, 2014 at 9:26 am #

Kee – Pass ‘ Two editions of Kee – Pass Password Safe await you and they are both free.
    Write down them on a paper or record them in a file
    on our computer is not a safe way. Your family will need to use a good solicitor to deal with probate (as
    it’s called), so it’s a good idea to have them in place now.

2. action games for April 15, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is pretty price enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the internet
    can be much more useful than ever before.

3. replica gucci May 29, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this The movement of Autumn | selective focus. It was funny. Keep on posting! [url=http://www.itbagsoutlet.com/gucci-handbags-c-3.html]replica gucci[/url%5

4. Ann Kroeker November 24, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Wow. Yes, this movement fits well with the shifting season and color-dance of fall.

By the way, I just sent one of your fall-themed cards, a more static one (barn), to my mom, who is living in a southern state, far from her Midwestern roots. Your art will speak to her.

5. Judy Vriesema November 20, 2012 at 11:42 am #

And what an autumn it was this year!

6. Bonnie Litts November 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

These are great photos. I especially love the zoom down the tree-lined road.